Earthquakes and Oak Trees

"Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of a poem." - Kahlil Gibran

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Body and Buds


I've never been so aware of my body. Not that I ignored or neglected it before. We've always been on speaking terms. But, now it's got more leverage. Like tonight, "No, I'm sorry, you can't go to sleep yet. I'm not done digesting that delicious strawberry- blueberry- blackberry- grape smoothie you ate."

Suddenly, I'm aware that my body is already being asked to multi-task in the extreme and I should be more sensitive. A baby is being made inside me, and I don't have any direct hand in the process. Certainly, I have a responsibility to create the right environment - exercise, lots fo water, nutrient rich foods and rest - but I'm not actually involved with the process of dividing cells and forming spinal cord.

Today I was looking at an Anatomy textbook (that my sister actually edited). I love how they call some of the part "buds" as if they blossom to become lung flowers, liver flowers, and eventually arm flowers and ear flowers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger josephjen said...

loving the new blog :) and definitely ready for a new entry...!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home