Earthquakes and Oak Trees

"Yes, there is a Nirvanah; it is leading your sheep to a green pasture, and in putting your child to sleep, and in writing the last line of a poem." - Kahlil Gibran

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quite Certain, Actually.

So, I went to the bookstore today. First I went to the baby/parenting section and when I had an overload of belly pictures, I made my way to the top floor: Reference: Household. My intent was to ingest some organizational inspiration and then return home to implement. I picked up three splendid specimens and searched for a chair to get myself into domestic receiving mode(not shame at my lack of organization, just openness, receiving).

BUT, then I saw on the shelf: The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman. The inside front flap poked a little hole in the dark cloth that had been shrouding my heart lately and flipping through the pages I knew I must buy this book, go home and paint and forget about organizing. Thank you Maira.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home